» AoE3 Commenting Rules
» Latest Poll
» About AOE3Files!
» Apply to Volunteer
» Link to Us
|AOE3MODS (Version 1) - File Description
| Description: |
For those familiar with the AOE3MODS for the standard product, here is a brief summary of added or chnaged features:
- US get a unique looking Explorer
- US get their own Cavalry unit; a single unit for both hand and ranged attack
- The Bounty Hunter becomes available as a mercenary unit
- The exploding wagon is now a cart full of gun powder barrels
- With the introduction of the Saloon, the Outpost and Blockhouse no longer produce mercenaries
- Explorers and Warchiefs can now build Cherokee War Huts, that can train Cherokee units
- Cherokee Archer available from the war hut
- Cherokee Rifleman available from the war hut
- Cherokee Mounted Rifleman available from the war hut
- Cherokee Mounted Axe man available from the war hut
- New strategic and stealthy Partisan unit is available as a regular unit to all european civs
- Barrel Mines can be laid (built) by the Partisan
- Jaeger has been returned to Mercenary status available from the Saloon
- Sniper becomes a regular unit from the barracks
- Super Monitor has been introduced to the Dock (except US who get Ironclad)
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
Included with AOE3MODS for The War Chiefs v1 is a variations of the mod originally created by Lord_chYper. When this mod is installed, buildings can be rotated during game placement by holding down the Alt key and spinning the mouse wheel.
Major mods include: (more details availble from installer)
PLAY AS THE US:
- The card deck provides many of the familiar shipments available to other civilizations but also includes some unique US shipments too. The unique church upgrades are worth getting.
- The US get a unique Explorer (Davy Crockett).
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit in age 3, with upgrades in ages 4 & 5.
- The US get a Trooper instead of a musketeer in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get another unique infantry unit called a Frontiersman available in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad without Revolution in Age 5.
- The Ironclad strength and damage has been increased.
OTHER INGAME MODS INCLUDE:
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Balloon Artillery Transport can be trained in age 2.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Balloon Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2.
- A Sniper unit is available as regular unit from the barracks.
- A new (very strategic) stealthy Partisan unit can now be trained in age 2.
- The partisan can lay Barrel Mines.
- A new Cherokee War Hut building is available to train native mercenaries.
- From the Cherokee War Hut, Train the Cherokee Archer.
- From the Cherokee War Hut, Train the Cherokee Rifleman.
- From the Cherokee War Hut, Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman.
- From the Cherokee War Hut, Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman.
- Docks can produce a Super Monitor in age 5 (not US who get the Ironclad).
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- Settlers can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- The hit points for forts have been doubled.
- The fort can train Petards
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans.
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- The Pawnee Mounted Warrior has been added as a mercenary cavalry unit.
- The Bounty Hunter replaces the Comancehro as a mercenary cavalry unit.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit.
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3.
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
In addition, there are numerous other smaller or associated mods.
|AOE3MODS (Version 1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|AOE3MODS (Version 1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
AOE3MODS Version 7.0
Extract the contents of the zip file to your desired folder location.
You can then run the AOE3MODSRTWC_V1.exe file to apply or remove the mods.
If you want to access AOE3MODSTWC_V1.exe regularly and easily, run the AOE3TWCShortCut.exe
script to install shortcuts on the desktop, in the start menu or both.
Details of all mods and scenarios can be viewed from the installer before they get
|AOE3MODS (Version 1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. AoE3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 8 | Last comment: 02-12-2008 at 08:23
Joined: December 1st, 2006
|First of all how can i install the american civilazation and secondly is there any way that i can create my own maps...The specific mod is simply fantastic far more enjoyable and interesting than the original game...Thanks guys!!!!i really admire your work.... |
Joined: February 16th, 2004
|You can create your own maps using the scenario editor included in the game. |
And what do you mean by installing the American civilisation? You want to play as the americans? Well that's no easy feat. You'd have to create your own units and then program the game to accept them as a separate civilisation.
Joined: December 1st, 2006
|Isn't the US civilazation included?Then why it says play as the us?I also cannot rotate the building... |
Joined: February 16th, 2004
|Sorry. Thought you were wondering how to create your own civilisation considering that the instructions for installing this mod are already given above. Didn't read your question thoroughly. |
If the mod doesn't work then double check that you've followed ALL of the instructions for example running the shortcut.exe included in the mod instead of the original game .exe.
Joined: December 1st, 2006
|for a reason,which i cannot understand i cannot run the shortcut.exe.When i press the install button an error appears.The strange thing is that everything is working apart from 3 things...1.The american civilazation is not shown,2.the cherokee which my explorer creates have no voice and 3.i cannot rotate the buildings...Any suggestions? |
Joined: August 30th, 2005
|Sadly, None. Everything works fine for me . |
We just put files up for download, we don't have a support centre so i don't really know what to tell you , You would had to contact John Pember about that.
Joined: March 1st, 2007
|i downloaded this mod two and it wont even work like none of shortcuts work + when i click on it it just contuinsly installs |
Joined: February 12th, 2008
|i need help. I sorta have backwards everyone else's problems. I can play as the US but like no other improvements happen, no reduced artillery pop, no anything. Can someone help me plz? |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!